Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Living in Orleans

Those are eels. Someone brought them to us (alive) in a bucket. I was thankfully not around when they were dispatched into the grilled morsels above.

Also, the picture didn't come out, but a few days ago our neighbors horses escaped and there were about 6 of them grazing in our front yard. Everyone was pretty blase about the whole thing.

Another funny thing is, do you know how they say when you lose a limb you feel it sometimes, like phantom pains? Well, both Jeff and I discovered that we have been hearing phantom cell phone rings. Eerie

I got a job! Baking at the Salmon River Outpost, a cute store about 8 miles up the road. I go in on the weekends at 5 (shades of Starbucks) and bake bread, bagels, scones, muffins etc. I started yesterday and It is going to be so much fun. The people that work there are super nice, and since it's one of the 2 stores around, I will meet a lot of locals, and get all the gossip.

Survivor ends this Sunday and I can't wait for Justen to send me my tapes. I. Can't. Wait!!!!!

Holy crap! Basketball has been pretty darn exciting. The Hawks held out against the Celtics longer then I am sure anyone, including themselves, expected them to. And can I get a holla for my New Orleans Hornets! I loved watching those sour Spurs' faces as they were trounced twice in a row. Keep it up! It's the Lakers next for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok..those ells are just gross. I'm glad to hear of your new job. Sounds right up your alley. I hope it works out for ya.

Unknown said...

I remembered my gmail password!
I can't wait to see you on memorial day! I love the picture of sam and jeff! especially that he is dirty! love bebe