Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Six month update

Sorry- I have a job and have been taking this on-line class and have really not felt like blogging lately. Sam is going to be 6 months old in a few days, so I thought I would give and update on what he's up to.
  • He can sit up by himself, for really long lengths of time!
  • He eats pretty much anything that is near him, so we really have to keep our eyes open. He has gotten his hands on asparagus lately, more than once, but I figure since we grow it ourselves its probably ok. He also has been eating tofu. Soon it will be peach season here, and berry season, so I will put away anything white (like I haven't already!!)
  • he is starting to scoot around. Not quite crawl, but he definitely can get himself from point a to point b.
  • He can not and will not sit still. It's been very difficult to watch the playoffs around here. He is very demanding of attention.
  • He is super aware of animals. We go visit the horses every day and feed them carrots, and he giggles at them. Also there are like 1000 dogs around here.
  • So far the teething has not yielded any teeth, but much drool. MUCH drool
  • We are not yet sleeping through the night. Sigh.
  • Sam loves to be around people. He is at his happiest when in a crowd. So, that's good, because for a podunk town there certainly are a bunch of people always around. I have a better social life here than I did in Portland!

I have made some really nice friends, and I have a huge 3 day catering event coming up in the next few weeks. Plus my job. I am getting a little bit of cabin fever, so in next week I think we are going to town (Eureka, 2 and a half hours away) so I can go to Costco and shop for the catering thing, and get a little Target fix, and maybe, PLEASE maybe see a movie. "Indiana Jones" is my choice . Jeff and I will have to flip a coin because he wants to see Iron Man.

My one year wedding anniversary is in a few days. The 20th. This year has gone so fast!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Some pictures of Sam please!

WE LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

meri
i will try to come up friday afternoon the 23rd. i cannot wait to be with sam and see him sitting up and giggling with the horses! please let the girls no i will be coming! always post pictures! bebe

Anonymous said...

WOW! Look at all you have accomplished in a year. Congrats on the anniversary.