Thursday, October 11, 2007

Portland 111, L.A Clippers 102

And everyone gets a free Chalupa!! I guess we are off to a great start. In other Basketball news it looks like Luke Ridnour is going to have to wear a sexy face mask ala Rip Hamilton because of our favorite King, Ron Artest, formerly responsible for the infamous "Malice in the Palace."
Today after work I can finally go grocery shopping. I think what I am going to do next week is get some of those freezer Tupperware things and make a bunch of meals that can be frozen then go straight into the oven, so that as I get closer I don't really have to think much about cooking, and also so I will have stuff to feed the birthing team.
My doctors appointments are every 2 weeks now, so you can imagine how fast time is moving for me.
I feel a whole lot better today than I did yesterday, I just might have needed a long nap and a good nights sleep. I guess I will be used to not sleeping through the night, because I get up at least 3 times a night to go to the bathroom. And usually at the same time every night; 12:58, 2:12 and 4:50, like clockwork. It's eerie, and kind of makes me mad because the last time is so close to when I have to wake up that it seems like by the time I get comfortable and fall asleep again my alarm goes off.
On Sunday I have to make good on my birthday promise to Jeff and watch his 10 video series on The Beatles. And he STILL won't watch Survivor. I said I would do it only if we could stay in bed and watch it and he got all happy because I guess John and Ono had a "Bed In" and so this would kind of be a tribute, only i am not protesting anything, except maybe having to watch 20 hours of Beatles footage.
Isn't there a law against white pants after Labor Day? We were out last Tuesday and I saw at least 3 pairs. Not only do I believe this is dangerous in muddy Portland, but a huge faux pas. But then I looked at some of the things I have been running around in over the last few weeks and decided to let it go.
I finally finished the Titans of Chaos series that Pam lent me. It was kind of a struggle to get through because it was so mathematical, but I really enjoyed the characters. It is always bittersweet to finish a series, because you are so emotionally invested for so long and then its over. I am going to read "Lonesome Dove" next because it's one of the only Larry McMurtry books I have not read, and supposedly a Morehead family favorite.
I have been cleaning out my closets and sold a bunch of clothes to Buffalo Exchange on Tuesday. It feels good to purge things I have not worn for a while. And I made enough money to buy the Birthing Kit that we need to get.
I think we left the bath salts our Birthing teacher gave us in the back seat of my car, because all of a sudden it smells like a Dead show in there, which is better than smelling like Taco Bell and Feet, which is how it smelled before. Those bath salts are supposed to be something that Jeff was assigned to do for me- make me a foot bath and give me a foot massage, and I am not supposed to have to do anything in return. Maybe last weeks class wasn't so bad after all!!
I was bored at work on Tuesday so I played with the on line Target baby registry. Fun!!!
This Saturday my goal is to streamline all the knick-knaks that are everywhere- throw away old candles, organize loose CD's, get rid of clutter, so the house will be easy to clean and a bit more baby proof, which is what I am most concerned about. All of the jewlelry and stuff I have out I am going to find drawer space for, as well as bowls, pots and pans. Anything i have not used for more than a year- its OUT!! That will feel good.
Also, since we are not leaving the house on Sunday, I am going to defrost the rest of the Pecan roll dough and concoct something. My friend made apple butter, so I am going to spread the dough with that and some sauteed apples and rasins and extra crumb toppng I have left over from banana bread and drizzle it with a glaze and see how that works out.

No comments: