Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Taming of the Shrew

MY. HOUSE. IS. SO. CLEAN. I can't begin to tell you how good it feels. This sweet little girl Oksana came yesterday and in 3 hours accomplished a miracle. And while she was cleaning, I went to the library and got out 3 more cookbooks and 2 more baby books and an actual novel, then went to Target and bought the right sheets. When I got home it was like the Twilight Zone- a very shiny, nice smelling one.
So now, of course, I am a shrew. When poor Jeff came home after a hard day of working in the mud and rain, was I sympathetic? Not at first, I was too busy shrieking "don't you dare take your shoes off in here! Go in through the basement." Then when he was heating up his soy dog I was sarcastic about onion peels in the sink "you know, honey, we don't have a garbage disposal, so that kind of stuff can go right in the garbage." And to add insult to injury i was snarking this as I was walking out the door to go have dinner with my friend Brian. A public, humble apology to my husband, who even did his own dishes before I got home.
Still, I know us, we are the pilers of things so we are going to have to be on our game for the next few weeks, But I am going to be calm about it. At least now the level of cleanliness will be able to be maintained, if I keep on it every few days.
I think Jeff went to sleep at about 8:30 last night, he was so tired after going out the night before to celebrate the end of birthing classes. The only thing i am going to miss about them is the treasure trove of blogging material they provide.
Today it is supposed to storm, with 45 mile an hour winds, and this is the day I saved to go to the grocery store. At least I don't have to work outside, and my plan is to be a nice wife and have something nice and hot ready when my poor soaking husband comes home (through the basement.) So I will leave you now to go leaf through my cookbooks.

No comments: