Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Too lazy to Post

I have been to busy (lazy) to make the effort to post lately. I'm sorry. First and foremost, thank you thank you thank you to Erin, who fixed my formula soaked ipod. I forgot what a blessing it is to have upwards of 5000 songs at ones disposal during a road trip! I usually listen to just my play lists, but this time we put it on shuffle and got to hear some rarities that I forgot I had. Much better than scanning radio stations and getting Mexican radio, country, religion, Joe Walsh or "Mony Mony." Jeff and I agree sometimes the Spanish stations are the best bet. Although, sometimes we groove along to a catchy hook before we look at each other and say "Whoops! I think they are singing about Jesus!!"

Jeff and I took a rock star trip to Portland Last weekend for his birthday- really quick, just a day and breakfast the next morning. We stayed at the grossest hotel ever- The Banfield on 39th and Sandy- It was close to the bar and we did not make any previous arrangements. We probably wouldn't have thought it was so bad if the weekend before my dad had not put us up at the Homewood Suites. I have pictures of the Banfield but wish we had some of the other so I could post them next to each other. Anyway, we had a great time- We had conveyor belt sushi at Sushiville (Brian and I were hesitant, we love Saburo, but Jeff insisted and we were more than pleasantly surprised,) we went to the Galaxy which I pretty much hate on the weekends because everyone there is 12 and too hip and sings R&B. Then we went to the Ambassador which I like better now cause its non smoking, and Justen works the backroom.

We went to the Paradox for breakfast and what do you know, they remodeled it and took down the scary clown pictures. The food is still blandi-ish, but at least its pretty now and you don't have to go through the kitchen to use the bathroom.

Does anyone else think Leanne got robbed on "Project Runway?" If her dressed was a top scorer she should automatically be allowed into fashion week. I spent all of yesterday looking for spoilers because I have no patience and want to know who won. I guess she will get to show either way, because fashion week already happened, and they always have decoys.

Uncle Curt shot a Buck, so we have been taking care of that. This is one instance you should be glad I am not posting pictures. I handled myself pretty well, but I had to take a 20 minute boiling hot shower last night to get the smell out of my nose. It's actually pretty interesting, some we set aside for jerky, some goes into soup, some is dog food and most gets frozen. Finally the butcher shop part of my culinary degree is paying off.

No comments: