Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blue Skies!!

We returned home from Portland to be greeted by lovely blue skies this morning, a huge treat after what seems like months of smoke smoke smoke. It was so nice to be home, sleep in my own bed, and see Jeff. I love to watch Sam's face when he sees his daddy after a long time, he just lights right up and it is so cute.

I am sorry, but I did not take one picture the whole time we were away. The lovely photo above is courtesy of Pam, who is also my hero for the autographed Chuck (chuckles!!) Pahlaniuck book, which we can't leave around the kiddies.

So, Portland. It rained the whole time, which was actually great, better then the heat wave I heard they were having. We did too much shopping, It was a trip to take my German nieces and nephew to Clackamas Town Center, but good for them, great exchange rate! Its funny how overwhelmed I get at a mall now, too, after living in Orleans. So much stuff!!

I got to take my nieces Geena and Annie to walk on Hawthorne, we went to lunch at the Cup and Saucer. Our waitress was so sweet, Lori, she brought Sam fruit without us asking and he flirted with her the whole time. Then Brian and I saw her later at the Triple Nickle and I was going to buy her a drink but she was leaving.

Sam and I also got to visit Dr. Ed, which was very sweet. Sam had just woken up from sleeping in the car, so Dr. Ed did not get to experience the full effect of Sam's' personality.

Bri and I went out Tuesday night to the Galaxy, and got to hang out with Justen and the rest of the crew. It is just so surreal to hang out with them now. I miss my boys so much. Justen, bless his heart, burned me Hannah Montana and Jonas Brother Cd's for my niece Geena who was riding home with me. She was in heaven, and now I have "Best of Both Worlds" in my head.

Sam turned 9 months old yesterday. He has three teeth and a nub of a top tooth. His hair is growing. He has been getting constant attention from 11 nieces and nephews, Aunts and grandparents. He can crawl up stairs, which makes me sick to my stomach. He babbles constantly, and is so funny.

Next week is my blog's 1 year anniversary!!

No comments: