Monday, April 14, 2008

Say Cheese!

What did you do today? I made cheese! Can you believe it! It was just Queso Blanco and it was really just hot milk and vinegar, and, truth be told, I have not tasted it yet, but, come on! Cheese! I am going to try the 30 minute mozzarella recipe next. I have just read "Animal Vegetable Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver and, while I am not quite ready to eat completely local, or, for that matter, raise my own livestock, but I am definitely inspired to try little things!
So yes, every day I am loving it here a little more. Its so weird to go to sleep and hear frogs croaking and my nieces still outside and running around instead of ambulances and beer can, bum projected shopping carts. Janet has been kind enough to let me cook a lot, and I have had some big successes, mostly my pizzas, which have gotten strong accolades, my hummus and homemade pita- always the first thing gone at a party, and most recently, random pimento cheese (pronounced, as I was told by a Texan, 'pimmennacheese') that I made for book club where we needed to bring a southern dish.
Sam has a little cough, so he is a little more miserable than normal, and I have had to bear the brunt because my dear husband is at (allegedly his last) A comic book convention in Portland. I have not slept for 2 days. At least Janet, Bari Gail and the girls have been such wonderful, huge helps. Jeff gets home tonight, and I hope he is ready to stay up because I am going to SLEEP! I was so frustrated at 4 am this morning when Sam rolled over, wide awake, and smiled at me that I just gave up and we watched "The Departed."
We are getting very excited for our trip to San Fransisco this weekend!
Oh, and Brian sent me a long email, so we can all be nice to him again.
And, happy day, in what has bee a huge basketball void, Sam and I were able to catch the end of the cluster*#%@ that was the Lakers/ Spurs game. How far I have come, I was actually rooting for the Lakers!
Cheers.

No comments: