Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Failure

Well, I am officially a failure on the Maple Syrup Diet. I lasted 2 and a half days. I think I just did not drink enough of it because I really did not like the taste, and also, I was not home, which made things complicated. Also, I craved EVERYTHING, even things I would not normally even think of eating, like Subway meatball subs and Burger King. Also, the laxative tea- well, never mind.
Sam and I are pretty homesick, we are having such a wonderful time with Nadine and David but we miss daddy SO MUCH!! I also really just like to be home, in my own bed, with my things. So we are going to leave Sunday, make a pit stop with Bebe in San Fransisco, and then head back to Orleans.
Sam has been incredible. He is a bit cranky because he has a third tooth coming in, and I think he misses Jeff and his cousins, but he has been a trooper. He has played in the Ocean, the bay, in parks and in the bookstore, which he loves. He just took a shower with Nadine. He has eaten much sand, and had many sandy poops. He is pulling up in everything and kind of cruising around. We are worried that he will be walking soon, and we are not sure if we are ready for that.
Anyway, I am going to go EAT something!

2 comments:

nothing said...

you'll make it!!!
you can do the maple syrup diet!!!!

Anonymous said...

You sound like you two have had so much fun! Hope you have safe travels back home.