Monday, July 7, 2008

Taking off

Well, the fires are so bad here, and the smoke is so thick, that I think is has become not safe to be here for the time being. There is an advisory for babies not to be outside, and, well, the thought of keeping Sam inside all summer is intolerable. Thank goodness for my sister Nadine, who has kindly invited to take us in for a while in San Diego. We are very excited! We are going to Sea World, and maybe Lego land, and the Zoo, and we will sit on the beach and walk around.

We are, however, very sad to leave daddy for three weeks, and will miss him terribly. He is sad as well.

We think Sam said his first word- "hippo" because we were playing with his purple hippo. Janet heard it too so I am not imagining things, I swear. Now we are teaching him "up." No "mama" yet, though. He is pulling up on everything, his new came is trying to pull the wine out of the wine cabinet. Eek!

Wish us luck on our road trip. I am bringing my laptop so I will keep everyone updated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good time. I think it is a good idea to be safe and away from the fires for a bit.

nothing said...

well than, goos luck!!!!
p.s. are you going to be there whwn we come??? hopefully!!!!!

Justen said...

Wine bottles, eh? lol. starting him off early? lol.