Monday, December 17, 2007

Be Prepared!!

I was just halfway into making almond roca, about to stick my candy thermometer into the pot filled with bubbling butter and sugar, when I noticed my candy thermometer was broken. Argh! I removed the thermometer part from the glass and marked where 300 degrees should be, but when the candy reached the mark it did not look right so I let it go for 3 more minutes. It is also raining out, so the conditions were already not optimal for candy making. Sometimes i am so hasty! But i really wanted to get cracking on my candy making so it will all be ready for this weekend. Hopefully it will turn out ok, but I am sure even if it does not set it will still be delicious as something, and someone will eat it, maybe over ice cream. I have faith, though.
Tomorrow hopefully it wont be raining and I can go get a new thermometer and make pralines and fudge. Mom- if you are reading this, yes, I will save some for you, and I specifically made the toffee with milk chocolate just for you!!
Survivor- so satisfying. This is the first time in 9 seasons that I would have been genuinely happy with whomever in the final 3 had won. For the record, though, the final 3 is stupid and they should go back to two. Next season- fans versus favorites!! Awesome!! Why didn't I apply? Oh yes- because i was pregnant, fat and out of shape. Still, I'm super excited and I can't wait to see who comes back. I hope Peih Gee comes back. I was kind of sad when she got voted off!!
Project Runway- Poor Jack! I hope he is ok. I also hope the next challenge is more interesting then the last 3 have been. No one wants to see people design men's clothes, or clothes for real people. Or from old clothes. Wheres the Haute Couture, Heidi?
Jeff, Sam and I went up to Seattle for the day on Sunday to meet Sam's big brother Noah for Noah's eighth birthday. Sam loves being in the car! And I think Noah and Sam will end up getting along very well.
Jeff and I watched the worst movie in the world on Sunday, "Duets", with Huey Lewis and Gwyneth Paltrow. It was my fault because I had seen it before and could not believe it could be as awful as I remembered it. It was way worse. I thought it would be charming because it was about Karaoke, but there were so many things wrong with it that I don't even have the energy to complain. It did not ruin our lovely weekend.
And- Holla!! The Blazers have won 6in a row. Can they win number 7 tonight!! I believe!!!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Are you bringing candy to Orleans? You know who would be great at Survivor? Uncle Joey. He could make a refrigerator out of some coconuts and then be brewing an adult beverage within the first 3 hours.

Violet's Mama said...

I saw Jack (from PR) on the news tonight (weird huh?) but apparently he is okay, he spent 5 days in the hospital
- It was fantastic seeing you this week, have a safe trip with the wee one.

Justen said...

I'm sorry, I wanted denise to win (With that mullet, Right?) because she did everything right as far as the game went and then was denied. Then I wanted amanda to win, because i don't like todd or courtney (the weasel or the slacker/complainer??), but who gets it, TODD.

Also yesterday when you were in Seattle, the blazers won their 7th in a row (In Denver where they haven't won since 2003), and then tonight they beat the hornets (with Roy hitting that 3 pointer with 1 second left just to make it an 11 point win) for an 8th straight win.