Thursday, December 13, 2007

My, what a busy week...

Well, not really. I just got out a little more than usual. Tuesday night I left Jeff home with the kid and Brian went out so I could cut loose, or at least see if I remembered how. We went to a cheap divey taco place for dinner and I got my margarita on, then we went to Tennessee Reds so I could see my friend Sara, who owns the bar and was bartending that night. I got to see my friend Justin, aka "The Wolfe" as well, and we sang some songs, which was awesome. For the first time a crowd really appreciated our version of "Candy", and I appreciated 2 vodka tonics. Alas, I looked at the clock every 10 minutes missing my husband and child, and, while it was great to be out, I felt sort of guilty for having a good time when I knew Jeff was at home getting puked on. I also knew that I would have to be up all night with Sam, so that curtailed my drinking a bit.
Today I met with my friends Jen and Autumn for lunch. It was mine and Sam's first solo trip in the car, and I did ok. Sam slept the whole way, but it was weird not being able to look at him. He was great during lunch, he slept in his sling the whole time and I did not spill anything on him. It's always great to see Jen, who is super fun to hang out with and always knows good gossip, and seeing Autumn was a treat, it had been more than a year since we had spoken and it was good to catch up.
Sam and I had a good time cruising around Target after lunch, stocking up on baby things and a birthday card for Noah.
Tomorrow is breakfast with Molly, Henry, Violet and Lisa. Sam and I have such a social calender all of a sudden. It will be interesting to have 3 infants at one table tomorrow!!
I would write more but I am typing with one hand and holding a pacifier in Sam's mouth with the other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you can always feel free to call me for some good gossip. It was great seeing you and meeting your son. he is just beautiful. I am so proud of you, lil mama. Love ya

Justen said...

Just as an FYI: my first name has an E instead of an I, so it looks like "Justen", but i've grown accoustomed to "The Wolfe" as well. Call me ASAP so we can talk about "Romance & Cigarettes" also I will not be at Red's the next two weeks (next week is me covering at the Galaxy because of the employee party and then it is Christmas the next week) but if you are hell bent on going out on christmas I'll hang out with you at the Gal (I don't know if Sara is opening Red's on X-Mas). Call Me