Saturday, February 16, 2008

My birthday

Tomorrow is my 34th birthday. EEK! People have been asking me what I want for this landmark event. Do you know what I want? 3 hours to myself to sit at a coffee shop with all of my accumulated crossword puzzles and a latte in the sunshine with my ipod. Guess what? I'm going to get it, like it or not. Time is running out for indulgences of this kind because soon there will not be a coffee shop to go too, and all my crossword puzzles will have to be (slowly) downloaded from a computer. I guess this is what concerns me most of all about the imminent move. I feel like I won't have an escape scenario when I just want to wander Target or sit with a coffee. Not having a lot of friends to hang out with does not worry me too much cause I don't really have many friends with whom to hang, except Justin who I rarely see anymore and my once a week time with Brian. Ironically, in a town with no people I am worried about how I am going to have alone time. I guess I will just have to re-define what alone means, and find other thingd to do. Hike, I guess. Which, let's be honest, would be better for me than sitting on my ass paying for a $4 latte at a coffee shop.
It's All Star Weekend, so I will also indulge in a little basketball!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Make friends with my Mom. She LOVES the kiddie.

Justen said...

Aww I feel special.. :-(