Thursday, November 8, 2007

Blazers 93 Hornets 90

Have I mentioned how stoked I am about basketball! Last night was icing on the cake as our scrappy Trailblazers shot to victory over the as yet undefeated New Orleans Hornets. We watched the first half, then I got so nervous I had to turn it off and watch "House." Then we caught the last 6 minutes, which, if you know basketball takes at least a half an hour, especially when the score is close because there is a lot of fouling going on. Anyway, we persevered, and I think that means we have not lost an opening night home game in 7 years. Also, Who new New Orleans was such a good team? I pretty much ignored them last year, even though they have Chris Paul, rookie of the year from 2 years past, and my 2 favorite former Kings, Peja and Bobby Jackson.
I wish I had started watching basketball earlier than 2002. I feel like I missed out on some of the great players and games. For example, on channel 37 now they show classic games and when nothing was on the other day we watched a Blazers/Spurs game from 1992 that was fantastic, back when the Blazers won the Western Conference. Good times.
One of the first games I remember watching was the Kings/ Lakers game for the Western Finals years ago. It was when Caryn and I were living in the studio, so it's not like I could have gone into another room to escape it. anyway, it was so close and so tense that I had to go outside until it was over. after that I was hooked. I still pretty much hate football, baseball, hockey etc...
Portia De Rossi started her stint on Nip/Tuck last night as Julia's love interest. Does TV get any better? I think not. Poor Ellen.
Oh, and my sister Nadine has a freaking BILLBOARD!! I'll post it when I get home.

No comments: