Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Further Adventures!

First of all, thank you everyone for your well wishes! We are doing fine and so happy to be home.
The thing that is worrying me right now is that its been 8 days and my milk has not come in yet. My doctor said that it is one of the side effects of having a c- section, but I am pretty upset about it. It's hard to not feel like a failure- at having a home birth, at breastfeeding, ect. So we are supplementing his breastmilk with formula in a syringe right now, and I am making lecticin smoothies to help my milk come in.
Yesterday we went and got circumcised, and that was pretty traumatic for everyone. We brought along the traditional manaschewitz, and I said some prayers, but I had to turn away during the actual event. Sam seems to be doing fine, though.
I am feeling better as well. Monday, when Jeff went back to work, I pretty much cried all day. I didn't think I'd be affected by the post pardum blues because I am pretty cheerful by nature, but I have been sobbing alot. It gets better every day.
Samwise has been doing a much better job of sleeping, and this morning I even put him in the bassinet for 2 hours and got some sleep!! Otherwise, I have been keeping up with a lot of TV at night while dozing in between feedings.
Right now Samwise is sitting in his vibrating chair watching me type. He says "hi" to everyone, but its time to eat.

3 comments:

nadine said...

Things happen exactly as they should. Look at where you've been and where you are now. Everything happens the way they should. You are not a failure. You are a loving mother and will give Sam a happily ever after.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry your milk is giving you trouble. There are a ton of old wives tales that may help you along.
But best thing just keep feeding him. It is such a joy to breastfeed. I am so proud of you and your determination. Way to go Mommy!

Unknown said...

First Congrats! I'm a friend of Lisa's...she just told me you had a new baby so I thought I would stop by and say hello. And, give my encouragement as well. Just as the comment before says keep feeing, keep pumping and try try try to keep up your spirits. It will happen. I was in your exact spot one year ago with a preemie, a big old c-section scar and the feeling of failure because I couldn't feed my own baby...But, things worked out great! I think I got my milk on the 11th day-ouch is all I have to say! Good luck, congrats!