Monday, November 5, 2007

Count your blessings

Today while at the 7-11 in line to get my newspaper there was a couple behind me that smelled like a brewery and looked just gross. They were buying 10 tall boys of "Hurricane Ice." Ice beer, as Jeff has informed me, has loads more alcohol then regular. This was at 7:30 in the morning, and I dont think they were buying it for a party later. Also the 7-11 people knew them, so I am sure this is a regular thing. These are the people probably qualifying for government aid, and food stamps, while Jeff and I, technically at the poverty level when I go on maternity leave, still make too much money for WIC. Oh well, at least we still have our teeth, and each other. Things like that remind me to count my blessings.
Things I did not do this weekend:
-Make scones. I made chocolate chip cookies instead. They were a bigger hit.
-Watch Nip/Tuck. I don't want to talk about it but if it didn't tape last night there will be hell to pay
-Move furniture around and make shelves. We decided to get one project done at a time and wait till the comic book convention is over
- Go to see "American Gangster". We stayed at home and watched "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkeban" and "Boogie Nights" instead.
We did, however, take advantage of the lovely weather and take 2 long walks in the sunshine.
Doctors appointment tomorrow, one of the last, I would imagine.
Also, 2 hour Prison Break event that I have to wait for Brian to watch.

No comments: