Friday, November 9, 2007

Christmas!! Already?

Every year that I worked at Starbucks I used to get so angry that it was Christmas Christmas Christmas, when they carried on all the time about diversity and respect. As a Jewish girl, I took serious offense to being forced to listen to Christmas carols, use Christmas cups, and decorate MY store with Christmas trees that looked like toilet bowl cleaners. I voiced my concerns often, but was told, of course it was all marketing- which means its all about the bottom line. Christmas sells! Anyway, here it is, November 9th? and the stores are already are decorated for Christmas. Am I the only one that finds this reprehensible?

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I was in Safeway Last Month and the overhead voice told me that I could look forward to Xmas music nonstop until the holidays. I paused long enough to feel bad for the people who work there.

Violet's Mama said...

I'm with you sister!