Tuesday, October 2, 2007

33 weeks and counting...


I have been having some strange, vivid dreams lately. Last night I dreamed that "Skinny Legs and All " was being made in to a major motion picture, starring Kate Walsh from "Grey's Anatomy" as Ellen Cherry Charles. This is funny for a lot of reasons, not the least being that I have never seen an episode of "Grey's Anatomy," much less heard that woman speak. It has also been at least a year since either Jeff or I have read that book. I remember being very upset at the casting, and wishing that they had cast Lauren Ambrose instead. Random. Also, they were using actual people for the conch shell, and the stick and the can'o'beans and the sock. It was so real to me that when I got up at 2:45am to go to the bathroom I actually googled it to see if I was right. I also had one very scary dream that I don't remember.
I am so excited because in the Oregonian today there were 2 whole pages about basketball!! The season opener exhibition game is NEXT WEEK!! against the Clippers, and the first official game is October 30th, against San Antonio, which we all know will be a bloodbath but who cares! From what I have been reading, our young little team has been working out and are raring to go. I don't care, truly , how many games we win or lose this season, only that we try our best and play with dignity, not shoot up strip club parking lots, smoke pot in our Hummers and race dogs.
Jeff's birthday is Thursday and I have a lot of cooking to do!! I did preliminary grocery shopping yesterday, but still need to get odds and ends. It should be interesting because the guest list consists of his boss and wife, his co-worker and his girlfriend, and our cousins Pam and Bob. Should make for some interesting conversation. It should be ok cause I will have Pam to talk to, cousin Bob could charm a paper bag, and the other guys can talk to each other. The only people I am worried about are the wife and girlfriend. I would usually say get everyone drunk and it will be ok, but the wife does not drink. Oh well. At least the food will be good, even though there is ALOT to do, not much time and even less kitchen space in which to do it. I am going to start today and make things that can keep.
I was the best wife ever and made Jeff's other favorite dinner last night, vegan macaroni and cheese. The "cheese" part is actually a sauce made with margarine and nutritional yeast, and yes, Virginia, it is as disgusting as it sounds, especially because I add vegan sausage and sun dried tomatoes to it. I always feel bad because usually I taste when I am cooking to adjust seasonings, but I can't bring myself to do it in this case, so I always hope for the best. Jeff ate half a pan full, so I guess it was good. I'm sure its not that bad but I have developed some sort of mental block against it.
It looks like after work on Saturday Jeff and I and Hobbes the cat are taking a road trip to Boise, Idaho to bring Hobbes to her new home. The story is complicated, but at least Hobbes will be happy. Also, I have never seen Boise, so that should be a fun 10 minutes. I am excited for a road trip but have warned Jeff that there will be many more frequent bathroom breaks, and I will fall asleep more than usual. Well, the falling asleep part he is used to. I bet he is home right now getting out the Everclear CD's.
I have to go now and do my birthing class homework. Mine is writing about "creating a birth space that will help me open" and I told Jeff I would do his homework, too, so I have to write phrases for him to say to me during contractions that will help/ encourage me in labor. I don't know if "vodka tonic, vodka tonic" is appropriate.

No comments: