Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Womb with a View

Yesterday was a busy baby day. First we went and saw Dr. Ed, and were excited to know that Sam is in the proper position. We even got a short ultrasound and were able to see his little head, with his eyes, nose and lips. So cute! I got to talk to Dr. Ed about circumcision, and as it turns out he is Jewish and has done many before. So he says we will wait 8 days, and I can bring some prayers and a bottle of manaschwitz and we will be good to go! We also got a list entitled "what you need to know about the end of your pregnancy." I think that freaked us out a little (a lot) because there it was, in writing. We are close to the birth of this baby, ready or not. So all the things we said that we would get when its a little closer to birth is suddenly NOW. We have to get this birthing kit, and make meal or snacks for the birthing doctors (there will be 3- Dr. Ed and his posse' o' interns), and it says I should make and freeze meals for after the baby is born. Plenty of juice, popsicles, etc. a digital thermometer. 2 sets of sheets. Towels. No boiling water, though!
Then on to birth class. Our teacher was a little miffed that no one had practiced pain coping techniques over the past week. I was going to say that i burned myself a few times on the fireplace and I coped through that, but she does not seem to have much of a sense of humor. We did a pain- coping breathing technique that Jeff and I both actually enjoyed, having him move his hand up my back when I inhaled, to the top of my head, and then on my tummy as i exhaled. that was nice and peaceful. If we had had to add chanting it would have been a different story. I just liked it I think because it was nice to have his touch, it was comforting, but again who knows how i'll feel when I am screaming in pain.
We also had to meditate on our tigers, or things we are scared of happening during birth. It was hard to chose just one!! then we had to draw a picture of how we were going to deal with the tigers. Grrrrrr!
We also drew labyrinths. Our teacher was a little unsure of how to connect the various pieces, but mine turned out ok. I wanted to put David Bowie in the middle of mine, but, again with the humor. Jeff got it, at least.
On a different note, i have had the same dream in as many weeks about a group of people throwing rocks at my windshield. What on earth do you suppose that means?

No comments: