Monday, October 1, 2007

The weekend is over, we did not do our homework...

We did not do our homework for our birthing class, and we are not sure we care. We will spend a little bit of time tonight trying to create some birth art on the big piece of paper we were given, that is still in the back seat of Mike Bibby. Oops! We will be at that clinic tomorrow from 4:15 (Dr's. appt.) till 9pm when the class ends. That's punishment enough.
In other news, Sam is starting to kick HARD! I felt a foot go across my stomach last night, and then of course straight into my ribcage. But its awesome, I love to feel him move around, and I am assuming because his feet are up there he is in the right position.
My mom was here this weekend, and we had such a lovely, relaxing time! Jeff picked her up at the airport and took her to breakfast while I was still at work, and then we pretty much just relaxed. We went to dinner at Apizza Scholls, which I love, and tried the NY White pie for the first time which was just about one of the best things I had ever eaten, and my mom agreed. When we got home I made Caramel Pecan Rolls to bake for breakfast the next day, and we watched the first 3 episodes of Weeds season 3 that my friend Andy so kindly taped for us. We were both so disappointed when it was over- every episode is a cliffhanger and so so good! Truly the best show on TV, in my opinion. Sunday we woke up, I popped the pecan rolls in the oven, which were extraordinary, and we got coffee and settled in to do my favorite thing- light a fire, relax and watch the food network all day. Brian came over and hung out with us for a while, but he had just come in from Chicago and was exhausted, so he did not stay long. Later on, we went through all the baby clothes everyone has been so kind in giving us, and sorted them according to size. It looks like, clothes wise, we have mostly everything we need except for these things my mom calls "stretchies" which I guess are like nightgowns that close on the bottom. The only thing missing from this weekend was my husband, and not just because he could have made all the trips to the basement to get us more wood for the fire. I truly miss him when he is gone.
Jeff finally got home at around 8:30, and after we had the brief homework conversation we watched the season premier of "The Office" again because he had not yet seen it. Guess what- it was just as funny the second time!!! I tossed around in bed for a long time without falling asleep last night- its getting more and more difficult to get comfortable- but I had really vivid dreams. In one of them my grandmom Lee was next to me with her hand on my stomach feeling the baby move, which was wonderful because I don't know when I will see my grandmother next, so I felt like she was with me for a little while.
I am so excited because Pam , Kathy, Jen and I are going to get together soon for a Styx/Def Leppard concert reunion party to watch the seminal movie "Hysteria- the Def Leppard Story", starring... wait for it... Anthony Michael Hall, of 16 Candles fame. Good times!
Oh my goodness I just looked at the date. Is it really October?

No comments: