Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Glasses

So I picked up my cute new glasses yesterday and did the stupidest thing. In my haste to be able to see clearly, I forgot the repercussions of a new prescription. As I was ripping my contacts out of my eyeballs, where they were almost fused, I was tossing them blithely into the trash while thinking "hey this might not be such a good idea." Indeed. You know what happens with new glasses. Sure, I could see, but the whole world was tilted up and I ended up walking through the mall with deliberate steps looking a drunk fool. Then I got in my car and sat for a while because I was afraid to drive home.
When I got home I had to crawl up my front steps because I could not tell how high they were. I finally got inside and sat down, turned on the TV and did not have to squint once at the menu, when usually I have to stand up to look at it. Yes, I know, I waited too long. Hindsight as well is 20/20.
I have gotten a lot of complements on them already, And I am already used to seeing them on my face, even though when I get up in the middle of the night everything is all fuzzy and I can't see the clock, so I have to look at my phone because I like to see how many hours (or minutes, in today's case) I have left to sleep.

No comments: