Monday, October 29, 2007

Miss Me?

Well, the weekend is over, and I am very sad. That day and a half seems to go so quickly. Especially when Jeff and I spent the better part of Sunday morning going around (he went around, I stayed in bed and hollered from upstairs) looking at all the clocks and trying to decide if it was actually daylight savings time. We had heard that it was, then read that it wasn't till the 4th of November. We were pretty sure our phones changed automatically, but for some reason the DVD clock upstairs and the computer were showing an hour earlier. Very confusing. Then we figured who cares, it's Sunday lets just go have breakfast.
After the Paradox, which I like much better now that I know I can order off the lunch menu, we walked down Belmont looking for a store called "Polliwog" that my friend Lisa had gotten her baby sling at. I was so sure it where it was, but we couldn't find it. Jeff said it was under the Confundus Charm, which it probably was. So we got back in the car and it was one block further.
The store was so cute, and by that I mean that we could not even afford to buy a pair of baby socks in it. The saleswoman was totally helpful, though, and explained about all the differences, features and benefits of all kinds of slings. She even opened up packages so I could try different sizes on. I ended up liking the Hotslings brand, so I just went home and ordered through the website, where they were $30 cheaper.
The rest of the weekend was spent trolling around thrift stores looking for rocking chairs, but I finally found one on Craig's List. It's gold velvet(!!!) and looks just like my favorite reading chair I used to have in my room when I was growing up, And it was only $20. And nostalgic. I loved that chair. I think it was my grandmom Ruth's.
2 more weeks of work until maternity leave, and I am counting the days. Aunt Aileen, I hope you bet on Curlin for the Breeders Cup like you did on the Preakness. He won and was kind of a long shot, so you would have made some money. If you did, I want a cut because I gave you that tip!!
I did not think it was possible to go the bathroom any more than I have been, but the last few days it has literally been every 20 minutes. We are going through a lot of TP here at the Klein-Morehead residence. Will it ever end?
Tomorrow is the big day!! Opening day of the NBA, and the season premier of Nip/Tuck!! 2 of my favorite things. Oh! and by the way, Survivor is really getting good. I usually don't care about anyone until the merge, and it looks like that is coming next week. I love that they brought the gross food challenge back, this I think was the grossest one next to all stars where the loved ones had to eat live roaches and big spiders. But the baby turtles, shell and all, that was right up there. Oh, another gross one was Palau where they mixed gross things in a blender. But at least there weren't eyeballs looking at you.
It was too bad that Todd's brilliant plan was thwarted, though, even though I failed to see the logic of giving James the immunity idol, they could have just told him where the other one was. Now, the arguably strongest person in the game has 2 immunity idols, right in time for individual challenges. Hello one million dollars, James!! And could Todd and Amanda have been less discrete in finding that idol in the first place? Jeesh! Amateurs!
Must remember to buy Halloween candy today, although the chances of trick or treaters in my area are slim to none, unless they are trick or treating for meth.

No comments: