Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Birth Video

So yesterday night we watched the Birth DVD that our birthing class teacher lent us. It was this woman in Mexico actually giving birth. Due to time lapse or whatever it lasted like 15 minutes, but it did not really look that bad. She started having contractions, took a walk, sat in a stream, ate beans and rice, and then got in a bathtub with her husband and pushed the baby out with like 4 moans. No blood, no muss, no fuss. Her 2 younger kids were there, too, and afterwards they all hung out in the tub with the new baby. Wow.

Still, it was kind of beautiful and after we turned on "Freaks and Geeks" I had a moment and shed some tears, because, really, no matter how many times I think about it in a month I am going to be doing the same thing.

I had lunch with my friend Lisa yesterday. It was so funny because we both were thinking about what we were doing last year around this time, and let me tell you it did not involve organic rice bowls and baby conversations(she has a beautiful 4 month old- Violet Rae.) It was so nice to talk to a new mom, and get some practical advice, it actually calmed me down a little. Plus i just miss hanging out with her and hearing Starbucks gossip, of which there is always scads.

Busy day today. Work till noon, eye doctor, Doctor, then birthing class. I cleaned the house yesterday in preparation for the cleaning people who are coming Wednesday. I don't want them to think we are slobs!!

I think I was supposed to bring my "birth bundle" to class tonight. I guess I will have to go home and find a few spiritual things to wrap up in a scarf. Eek.

No comments: