Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday, Monday...

I wish that we had done something super interesting this weekend to write about, but it seems to me that we just ate leftovers and watched TV, with a road trip to Pendleton thrown in for good measure.
Yes, Hobbes the cat is now enjoying her new home in Boise, Idaho with Carolyn. She was so cute on the trip up. She had been howling and carrying on, as cats do, in her carrier, so Jeff suggested I put a blanket on my lap and let her hang out there. That lasted all of 10 minutes, and by then I was covered in cat hair. Then she went right over to Jeff and slept happily on his lap for 2 hours. I think my husband is the animal- whisperer.
I am also very glad I do not live in Pendleton.
I would call it a one horse town, but I think the town is actually mostly horses, and a Wal-Mart.
When we got home last night I made Jeff sit through 3 and a half hours of Nip/Tuck. I think he loves it!!
This is going to be a very long week. Since we are broke, I signed up for a bunch of overtime this week, which means I am essentially working 10 hour days most of the week. Plus, after I get off today we have our birthing class which is in Vancouver tonight. I am exhausted thinking about this week. I told Jeff next Sunday I am not getting out of bed. Plus we did not practice breathing and pain-coping for class tonight.
Sorry I sound so grumpy today. Ill read the paper and do the crossword and see if something cheers me up.
Duh!! I totally forgot that we went and saw "Across the Universe" on Saturday. Usually the prospect of spending 2 hours with Beatles songs would have me breaking out in hives, but I really loved this movie. There was not much plot to speak of, it was mostly driven by the music, but it was visually stunning, the cast was wonderful, and I was impressed with myself that I recognized Joe Cocker in a cameo. Jeff said later that the hardest thing for him was to not turn to me and dispense trivia every 5 minutes. I had to laugh. Anyway I enjoyed it thoroughly. We had to go see it at the Lloyd Center, and not our typical Century Cinemas, so that threw us off a bit. Regal Cinemas, which I avoid like the plague, play 20 minutes of commercials. Century's matinees are a dollar cheaper, have little "behind the scenes" vignettes, and also feature "Front Row Joe," whom I think is some kind of fox- like creature who dances with concessions. Jeff loves him. I always try to figure out why his female fox companion wears shoes, while he does not. Puzzling. I don't recall previews for any must-see movies, but I am sick of the preview for a movie called "August Rush" which features Robin Williams looking disconcertingly like "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"- era Bono.

No comments: