Thursday, October 4, 2007

All about...Sports?


Its basketball season!!! For the last 3 days the Oregonian has been chock full of NBA news, warming the cockles of my heart. There was an excellent article on my beloved Rick Adelman, former Trailblazer and Sacramento Kings coach, now with the formerly boring Houston Rockets. I will now watch Rocket games because I am excited to watch how they incorporate Rick's style of play. Also, Bonzi Wells re-signed with the Rockets, and he played his best for Adelman when he was with the Kings in the playoffs 2 years ago, one of the many King's playoff trips I do not like to speak of. Sigh.
Sadness again, though, with the Blazers. It seems like Brandon Roy will miss all of the pre-season games, thereby missing his opportunity to really solidify his game with his teammates before the actual season starts. It seems we in Portland can't catch a break. At least we're not the Knicks (Sexual Misconduct) or the Lakers (obstructing justice, and, well, being the Lakers) this season.
I just got the big Basketball magazine I get every year that ranks all the players and the teams, so I am going to start studying it today. Alas, no fantasy basketball team for me this year. Who has the time? But I like to know what i am talking about when I watch games. You know, it impresses the boys.
Philadalphia and Chicago both lost their first games last night in the MLB division series. Come on!! at least the Yankees are not playing.
Enough sports, or you might forget whose blog you are reading. and I don't really know or care enough about baseball to write intelligently about it. All I know is I am always glad when its over because then its time for the NBA.
Happy 48th birthday Jeff!! I hope the record-player shaped birthday cake I am making for you ends up looking like it does in my head.
Prison Break was awesome last night! The plot thickens! Whats in the box left for Lincoln, I wonder? I think it's LJ's hand!!
AOOOOOO Survivor tonight, which I won't have time to watch due to the birthday party. Hopefully no one at work spoils it for me again like they did last week.
I have hardly gotten a chance to watch anything yet. Not Reaper, or Chuck, or Bionic Woman. I think I am going to give up on "Kid Nation" because I have 2 weeks worth taped and have not been interested enough to watch it. I also decided last night to tape "Pushing Daises" instead because I read a good review, so we'll see. I also missed the premier of "Aliens in America" which sounded funny,but oh well. Also it seems I have a whole season of "Damages" taped and have not watched that, either. I need a TV weekend, stat!! Also Top Chef ended last night and I am trying to decide if I should google who won or wait to watch it. 3 guesses as to what I'll do.
Also tonight stars "30 Rock", with Jerry Seinfeld guest starring. Please watch this show so it dosen't end up like "Arrested Developement"- winning emmy's, being hysterical, and getting cancelled thereby devestating the 12 people that watch it. Trust me, its worth it!! And it has Alec Baldwin!! Who dosen't LOVE Alec Baldwin!!

No comments: