Tuesday, October 23, 2007

36 Weeks....

I have been having little contractions lately. Not bad, like I am going into labor, but enough that I am aware of them. I have also been dreaming of babies. Some so real that I wake up and listen for them.
We had our home visit last night, by Dr. Ed, Gabriel and Shawna, his interns. They were all so sweet and walked us through exactly what was going to happen, when to call them, etc. Of course, being me, I worry about disturbing people in the middle of the night, and feeling guilty for calling too soon. Then they said "It's ok, this is what we love to do" and all of a sudden I knew it was going to be ok, these people are awesome.
We discussed where I would labor and I told them I was pretty intent on 2 things- ruining the blue chair and Jeff's "Chaos Incorporated" work shirt that I hate. So I will labor in that shirt on that chair and hopefully bleed or whatever over them both. They said that after the baby comes they will put him right on me and just let us hang out together, and that after he's Apgar tested or whatever it is they do they will leave the 3 of us alone for a while while they clean up. I don't think they do that in the hospital.
We bought a 5-in 1 bassinet/bedside sleeper/portable bassinet/changing table thing this weekend (it's still in the basement, daddy). We had to get it then because it was the one I wanted and was being discontinued and the one we found was the only one in Oregon. Plus, since we got the floor model we didn't have to put it together, and after our gift card and the floor model discount I talked them into it only cost us like $25, plus they threw in a warranty.
So we will use that for a while until the real furniture comes, and have decided, after being encouraged by Dr. Ed, that Sam can just sleep with us for the first few weeks.
My glasses are ready today!! I am so excited to see!!
Also, Happy 31st birthday to my sister Mandi yesterday!

No comments: