Friday, October 19, 2007

Party in the Back

In the Fred Meyer yesterday, while grocery shopping, I came across the lushest, most Kevin-Cronin-esqe mullet that I have seen in ages.
You can tell when someone rocks their mullet with pride because they do shampoo commercial moves like flipping their heads around, and this guy had all the moves.
Is the mullet making a comeback? One of the women (I don't remember her name, cause she has not spoken that much yet, but she is a lunch lady from the Midwest) on Survivor has one, too.
I have a picture of Jeff with a mullet on the refrigerator. I don't know which was better, that or the mohawk.
A mullet, if you don't know, it the "Business in the front, party in the back" hairdo popularized in the eighties, and now worn ironically by hipsters. It's still ugly, and not to be confused with the "skullet", which is bald/balding in front and long and scraggly in the back. A skullet can be seen on my next door basement dwelling neighbor, Chris Cayman of the NBA, I think he plays for the Cavs, or by several people spotted at the recently attended Def Leppard or ZZ Top concerts.

I made vegetarian Sloppy Joe's last night, with the soy crumbles, and they were actually pretty tasty. I also made a 10 pound lasagna with tofu instead of the ricotta that I will probably freeze in anticipation of a time when I can't cook. I am trying to make 2 meals at a time every night now, and freezing one. You can never be too prepared.

This weekend we are going to start rearranging the bedroom and decide where to put all the baby furniture. It's really getting to close to put off any longer.

No comments: