Monday, October 15, 2007

Ask me about the Beatles....Really

No, really. At least until they come to America for the first time. I fulfilled my wifely duties by watching the first 2 in a series of 8 tapes of "The Beatles Anthology." I now have a head swimming with Beatles facts, just like my husband. Like, did you know how they came up with their name? Or the name of the bar that they played in Liverpool before they were famous? Or the other 2 guys that were briefly in the band? Well, I do, and if you want to know we will be happy to lend you the series.
I enjoyed most of what I watched from a historical standpoint, but I must say that I still loathe early Beatles, especially "Twist and Shout" and "Love me do." Sorry. I'll enjoy it more when there are George songs.
Yesterday was awesome. I slept in till 10am, which is literally unheard of, then we watched a Beatles tape and went to the Tin Shed for breakfast. There was a super long wait, but it was lovely outside so we just drank coffee and Jeff told me comic book convention stories. We also people and dog watched. Alberta is the best street for that!! Everyone wears interesting clothes and there is such an eclectic mix of people-I could have sat out there all day. Then when we went in we got a seat by the window so we could continue watching people, this time out of earshot of them so we could comment!!!
Then we braved Trader Joe's, which is always and adventure on the weekends. We went home and I baked off the cinnamon-apple rolls i had started the night before. They turned out super good, so after we sampled a few I told Jeff that he needed to bring them to work and get them out of the house. My baking skills are coming along nicely, and would be even better if I had an accurate oven. Again, they turned out better I think because I did not have a recipe, only for the dough.
Saturday, after not learning my lesson of paying attention (buying the Friday paper again instead of the Saturday), we went to Target to pick up a few things. We needed a few more sets of sheets, and I was so excited to see sheets on sale for $9.99. Well, of course the minute we got in the car to go home i had a strange feeling, and, lo and behold, they were flat sheets instead of the fitted sheets I wanted. We also forgot windshield wipers. It's time I learned my lesson about writing lists for Target.
On a good note, storage containers were on sale, so I was able to store a bunch of extraneous crap that has been lying about. I felt like Edina from "Absolutely Fabulous" running around crying " surfaces, darling, I want to see surfaces!!" Now the house will be so mush easier to clean and maintain.
I heard Neil Diamonds' "Solitary Man" on the way to work today. I love Neil Diamond. We made fun of my mom when we drove cross- country with her a million years ago because she kept playing "America," but when I drove from Chicago to California, what song do you think started off my journey? That's right!! Besides, The Jazz Singer is like the best album ever. "Love on the Rocks" is a karaoke favorite of mine. I tried "Girl,You'll be a Woman Soon" once but it sucked.
Today I am having lunch with my friend Lisa and her 4 month old, Violet. I have not seen Lisa for more than a year, and that was at a bar. It's funny how things change in a year... no more bars for us mommies.
Tomorrow is a super busy day. Eye doctor appointment for glasses at 1:00 (ok mommy?), Doctor Ed at 4:15, and the second to last birthing class at 6:30. I know the posts about "Birthing From Within" will be sorely missed, so I'll try to make the next two super- exciting.

No comments: