Tuesday, September 25, 2007

32 Weeks and counting...

Today I am officially 32 weeks pregnant. Wow. I feel kind of immobile all of the time, and make fun of myself (Jeff knows better than to make fun of me) when I have to bend over to pick something up, or get off the couch, because of the noises I make. But at the same time, grunts and groans non-withstanding, I feel kind of suffused with an ethereal calm.I really do love being pregnant, for the most part. Its funny all the books say that at this point I should be taking some time out of my day to lay down and communicate with the baby, and talk to it and ask him what he needs, etc. He's lucky that I kind of talk all day, I expect that he will be some sort of horse racing savant.
I am also trying not to worry all of the time, because I know that its unhealthy and counter-productive, and I will love him no matter what. It just seems like every time I turn on the TV someone is having a baby and somethings wrong. Maybe I am just watching too much TV.
I wonder what we are going to do at birthing class tonight. Jeff and I have a deal: He won't do the crossword puzzle, and I will try to participate.
I still am mad about losing the overalls on e-bay. Today I won a pair of dark green corduroy ones that look cute, to I will try to be content, and they were only$4. I think I am going to end up like those women on makeover shows who continue to wear maternity clothes well after giving birth, because they are JUST SO COMFORTABLE!! I remember my mother had a hard time parting with a particular blue sweatsuit after Nadine, and if its as cozy as some of the things I have been wearing, I can't say I blame her.
I am happy to report that my standby brown velour pajama pants that have got me through 3 previous winters are still viable. I told Jeff to get used to them because for the last 2 years I literally got home from work, went upstairs and put them on, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Sometimes I even left them on the kitchen table so I didn't have to go upstairs. Is that revealing too much? Sorry.
WhatI really need to find is maternity tights, since I like to wear dresses and skirts. Does such a thing exist? I will check my trusty e-bay.
I have run in to my first fall TV snafu- too many things on at the same time on Tuesday. It happened last year with Jericho, but I could watch that on demand. I have no such option at this time.
Quandary: I can only dvr 2 shows at a time, and Tuesday at 9pm there is "The Biggest Loser", which has been 2 hours the last 3 weeks, "House", and "Reaper", which is a new show that looks funny about a kid who's parents have sold his soul to the devil. What should I do? I think the only solution is to forgo Loser, and Google it the next day to see who got booted off, and hope that it goes back to one hour, starting at 8pm. Or else, HEY!! I could watch Reaper upstairs!! I forgot we have 2 TV's. Crisis averted, we will just have to rush home from class.
The results from Mike Bibby's diagnostic test re: the engine light being on: The ass hats who fixed him did not sufficiently tighten the hoses before replacing the side panel. They will fix it for free!! Now i just have to find time to take it in.
Tony Bourdain called someone, I think a Tuscan ranch hand, an Ass Hat last night on "No Reservations." Did I mention that I loved that man? I think that show is over for the season, cause next week he's back in Shanghi. Sad. Maybe that will mean he can guest judge on Top Chef more often. Wait- that's almost over, too.
Jeff has once again managed to be "busy" during Survivor this Thursday, helping someone move. It's cool, they are all On Demand so one day we will just have a marathon...

No comments: