Thursday, September 27, 2007

Too Much TV

I never thought I would say it, but I have too much TV to watch. It all started on Tuesday with the birthing class. We had to DVR "House" and "Chuck". I watched "The Biggest Loser" and (I am mortified to say this but I promised someone I'd try it once) "Beauty and the Geek", but Jeff wants to watch the other 2 shows. Last night it was "Kid Nation"- I also have last weeks still saved, "Top Chef", "Americas Next Top Model"," Bionic Woman" (thought I would at least check it out) and something else I don't even remember. Tonight is "SURVIVOR", which I will again watch all alone (sniff), 'The Office premier", "My Name is Earl" premier, "CSI" and "Reaper", which I couldn't tape on Tuesday and the CW is thoughtfully re-running. Unfortunately, Jeff is helping his friend move over the next 3 days, and then going to Seattle, so when are we going to get a chance to watch all this!!!! At least we can fast forward through the commercials, but that's a big chunk of time commitment. Guess we'll have to take one for the team. This, my friends, is why DVR is so important!! I think all my shows have started now except for "Nip/Tuck" and "Jericho", the 2 shows for which I am most excited.
Watched "Prison Break" with Brian last night. Man that show is excellent. I really love a conspiracy, and this seasons' is gearing up to be excellent. It's so good that at every commercial break I turn to Brian and say "Prison Break" with a huge smile and a pumping fist and must look like an honest to goodness dork, but he humors me, because he is secretly thinking the same thing.
Enough about TV. I feel my brain beginning to rot.
While I was getting my oil changed yesterday, I finished "The Tender Bar" and found myself weeping in the Jiffy Lube waiting room. I really did not expect that book to be so excellent. I now deem it the best alcohol book, ever, and i have much comparison.
The epilogue tied the memoir up so well, the whole book was a love story to the neighborhood bar, family, words, male role models, booze and New York, and the last chapter was focused on Sept.11Th and the aftermath, and how it was a catalyst for the author to finally put pen to paper and write the tribute that he wanted. It was sentimental and powerful without being maudlin, and in the end i loved those characters so much, which is when i know that a book is really good. And everyone was real, he only changed 3 names in a cast of hundreds. I strongly recommend.
Now I can go change gears completely and finish "Titans of Chaos."

No comments: