Monday, September 24, 2007

Target ad

What is the first thing that you go for when you open the Sunday paper? Me, I usually go right for the Target ad. Sometimes, if I get a paper that does not have a Target ad it literally ruins my Sunday. This weeks' ad was not very good, though. Paper towels and Gatorade. Maybe it's because I have been to Target twice this weekend and I am just over it.
Do you remember the first time you ever went to Target? That's where I used to get men's flannel shirts in the mid '90's during my brief but intense "grunge" phase. I thought that was all that Target was good for. Now its like my whole life is from Target. I should have bought stock.
So, I am over the overalls, but still kind of irritated, so I decided to write a list of other things that irritate me.
The song "Mony Mony", I think, is the most irritating song in the whole world. Yes, both versions, because usually hearing the opening chords drive me crazy enough to run screaming so I don't have time to discern what version it is. I am also irritated by "Celebration" and, to a lesser extent, "We are Family."
I am very irritated by the amount of bulk mail in my Yahoo inbox, even though I'll take the blame because i was lured by one of those blinking bars at the top of the screen enjoining me to "click on this to claim my $500 gift card to Target." That was the worst mistake of my life, after about a half hour of clicking the"not interested" button on the surveys, I shut the whole thing down, but not, I guess, before the world of spam got my email address. That's why I have moved over to g-mail. In one day I got 224 bulk messages, no joke.
Cattle Call boarding at Southwest Airlines. I know I have vented about this before, and I thought they were going to rectify the situation, but after further reading of the article, it looks like they are actually making it worse. First of all, they are doing away with the pre-board for people with young children, and now you get a group (a,b or c), and a NUMBER. How stupid is that? And they think this is going to save time!! Tell me, because I will be flying Alaska.
Having to go down the stairs in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Especially now, when as soon as I lay back down I have to go again. and also because, since the stairs tumble, I think I pulled something and literally have a pain in my ass. This was a charming feature of my apartment when I first looked at it. Let me assure you it is not so charming now.
Bending over is pretty irritating. I tried to shave my legs in the shower last week, and it was kind of complicated. So is putting on shoes that zip up, and getting the laundry out of the dryer.
There are many more things that irritate me, but I think that that is enough negative energy out in the world for now.
Mike Bibby is going to see the car doctor for a diagnostic test today. Ever since he got home from the repair shop his engine light has been on. Pray for us and my dwindling bank account that its nothing serious.

No comments: