Thursday, September 6, 2007

I'm bringing sexyback

Did I get your attention? I am not sure what adult contemporary/indie/classic rock I have been under, but I heard that Justin Timberlake song for the first time this morning. Really, that's what the kids are listening too these days? It truly sucked beyond the telling of it. No son of mine will be listening to such swill, even though with my luck it will be this decades equivalent of Iron Maiden or Crocus that he will be into or, if I'm really lucky,Country. No sir!! Not with me and Jeff as parents. Although I might have to limit the Alice Cooper and the aforementioned Everclear.

I am a girl who likes a routine. When I worked for Starbucks and I opened every day, there was a definite order in the way in which I went about things. It worked, was efficient and kept me calm. Even though the job I have now is mind achingly boring, there are certain things I do every morning to prepare myself for the day.
On my way to work every morning I stop at the Plaid Pantry (you east coasters, its like WaWa without the cool name) and get an Oregonian. Tuesdays and Fridays are the best- Tuesday is the food section (award winning!!) and Friday is the A&E. I get to work and photocopy the crossword puzzle for Jeff, and so on. Well, my routine has been disrupted because, for the last 3 months, the creepiest guy works at the Plaid. He was quietly lurpy at first, but lately things have been taking a turn for the worst and he keeps asking me to smile for him. Now, I am sure in his head he is just being nice, but he really creeps me out, and really, at Starbucks when I was getting paid for it I was more than happy to beam across the counter at 5:30 in the morning, but there is just no reason to now. So I go to the 7-11 down the street and try to not look at the donuts. Hey, I wonder if that 7-11 has red/ brown Slurpees?

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I'm the queen of routine. Some truck has been parked in my preferred spot at the office since I got back from vacation and I really want to put a note on his windshield and suggest he mix it up a bit so I can use that space again. Have you watched Dr. Who or are you going to check out Torchwood? My fall schedule is already tight but I don’t want to miss out on anything good.