Friday, September 28, 2007

Tyra Banks is my Hero

Don't think I'm strange, but I love Tyra Banks. I have been watching Americas Next Top Model for 8 cycles now, unapologetically, and this woman in all her fierceness has completely endeared herself to me. Thic "cycle," as it is referred to, is the"green" cycle. The girls, instead of being shuttled from fashion shoot to fashion shoot in a gas guzzling Hummer limo, now have a van that operates on bio-diesel fuel. They are implored, in their eco-friendly, plant filled . but still extremely chic L.A. digs to limit showers to 10 minutes and to follow the "If its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down" rule.
The first big photo shoot was all about the dangers of smoking, something that, according to Tyra, 90% of models do. The girls were shot looking lovely, smoking in front of a mirror, and then the mirror image depicted them with facial tumors, hair loss, and tracheotomy scars.
What I love about Ms. Banks is that she realizes the demographics of her viewers. In judging panel, where the girls are evaluated and eliminated one at a time, Tyra declared this a "no smoking cycle," recognizing that these girl are, at least while on air, role models to me and the rest of the 12 year olds who watch the show. Cheers to you, Tyra Banks!!!
The green overalls i got on e-bay, though listed in the maternity section, turned out to be children's. I am hopping mad. I rated the seller a little low, because i swear I read the description and no where saw infant listed in the description. Then she e-mailed me back totally angry, because I ruined her 100% rating. I hope she does not retaliate. I like my 100% rating.
I'm so excited that my mom is coming to visit this weekend!! We are going to some Birthing Expo at the Convention Center, where hopefully i can get a baby sling and a cute diaper bag, and also get some more reading material, because lord knows I have not read enough on the subject. also, it seems like it will provide great people watching opportunities.
I am going to post this and read the paper, and see if i can find something besides television to write about for a change.

No comments: