Monday, September 10, 2007

Fun Weekend!!

Wow, what a nice weekend!! I did not even have the time or the inclination to write yesterday because I was having such a nice time. As promised, when I got home on Saturday, I took a very satisfying nap, and then we went to see "The King of Kong- A Fist full of Quarters". A documentary about the people who are battling it out to have the world record for Donkey Kong high scores. Oh!! and there were nerds galore!! Seriously, run, don't walk. I even read that it was going to be made into a feature film with a- list actors!! It was so funny!! There were 2 main characters- Billy Mitchell, who has held the title since 1982, and literally still has the same hair. He is sneaky, shady and creepy. And then Steve Wiebe, the contender to the throne, who is a laid of Boeing engineer from Redmond with a sweet wife, 2 kids and is a little ocd. Anyway, hilarity and Hi-jinks ensue, especially the scenes where Steve is videotaping getting his high score with his son yelling in the background "dad, I need you to wipe my butt", and when Billy Mitchell (I read that his nickname since the movie is "silly bitchell" ) dispatches 2 of his minions to take apart the motherboard to Steve's machine. All of this set to a soundtrack including "Eye of the Tiger", "the Best Around" (otherwise known as the song from the big showcase showdown scene in The Karate Kid"), and "Everybody Knows".
Sunday we broke routine and went to the Tin Shed for breakfast. Jeff loved it, so we can go back. I had a yummy scramble with jalapenos, sausage, salsa, peppers and onions over potato cakes, and Jeff had something in a tortilla with tofu. I was happy to see that the Tin Shed had the same hot sauce we both love that they have at Paradox. Unfortunately we sat inside because we had both forgotten our sweaters, but next time we will sit on the beautiful patio.
Next I organized some more cabinets and swept the floor and closed my eyes( pregnancy is tiring!!) and jeff inked some awesome pictures for his comic book. It keeps taking my breath away how talented my husband is!!
I then made soft pretzles!! Really!! I'll post pictures when I get home!! I love love love the smell of dough rising and baking in my house! And they turned out super good !!
We watched "American Beauty" because Jeff had never seen it before, and then I fell asleep to "Open Range". What is it with Westerns? I am a very good wife.
Today on my way home from work I am going to stop at Target and try to find a few more maternity shirts so I will have something to wear to Chicago. Literally, my closet is bare.
Then I must go grocery shopping because there is no food in the house except for of course soft pretzles and leftover cous cous salad and 1000 different jars of olives. I also need to bake something to bring to Aunt Aileens for Tuesday. I think I will make Banana Bread because we have a plethora of bananas.There is a good recipe with a cinnamon streusel top that I will try, and then I can double the recipe and have some for us, too.
Anyway, in the recipe section today later I will post the pretzle recipe and if the banana bread turns out good I will post that, too.
In the last post I was waxing poetic and was thinking about best karaoke rock blocks ever and can't believe I neglected to add my favorite one!!
Awesome Footloose Rock Block!!
Patrick- Footloose (Kenny Loggins)
Paul C- Dancing in the Sheets (Shalimar)
Meredith- Holding out for a Hero (Bonnie Tyler, from the seminal tractor racing scene)
Jeff - Almost paradise (One of the girls from Heart and some dude)
I wish my sister Mandi had been there because then she could have sang "Lets Hear it for the Boy" by Marilyn McCoo. I know she loves that song, and I think of her every time I hear it, which is not that often because I actually can't stand it.

I just re- read this and some of my othe posts. Sorry about the proliferation of exclamation points. Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode? "Top of the Muffin, TO YOU!!!"

No comments: