Friday, September 7, 2007

these are a few of my favorite things

Some new (and not so new) stuff that I have been digging lately:

The Buffy season 8 comic books- Anyone who knows me will tell you that I HATE comic books, or graphic novels, whatever, but this has been a little gift. Every time I watch the series finale of BTVS I still weep, and this is a continuation of the series- when all of the potentials are slayers!! Amy comes back, and I read that Faith is coming back, too. And for some reason Dawn is really huge.

Anthony Bourdain- Why aren't you watching his show on the travel channel? The man is brilliant, observant, and totally into everywhere he goes. You can sense his glee in the native people, their food and culture. Plus he smokes, drinks and swears. His books are super funny, too.Read also his Top Chef blog. I have also named my rental car after him.

Other peoples blogs- I especially like the one by the woman who bakes cupcakes all day. She made a mountain dew cupcake that sounds pretty gross, but cheers for creativity!!

The Golden Compass series- Thank you Jeff or Pam or whomever made me read these!! Some of the best books I read in a while, i'm on my second time around, and getting totally excited for the movie- I got goosebumps at the preview.

The fact that Giles from "Buffy" is getting his own TV show called "Ripper"- can they give Andrew his own show, too?

The Prada socks I saw in "Vouge"- cause they are ridiculous, but my friend Matt and I are obsessed.

Stardust- A beautiful movie, a great cast. Neil Gaiman!! When will "Good Omens" be a movie?

My DVR- I don't remember the last time I watched a commercial, and F/X shows 3 nip/tucks in a row late Sat night, and I can't stay up for that.

I am also having a renewed love affair with my tangerine kitchen aide stand mixer! I have replicated successfully the oat fudge bars that were the best things at Starbucks, and am slowly trying to perfect bread baking. My goal for this winter, aside from successfuly giving birth, is cake decorating!! Those are the blogs I am most interested in, now.


1 comment:

Pamela said...

I liked the way Buffy ended but I found the last season insufferable. And my most despised character on Buffy of all time is Dawn. Ugh. She was awful.