Friday, September 21, 2007

Let the Snark-Fest Begin!!

Oh Survivor! I got that familiar warm feeling in my stomach (not Sam making me have to go to the bathroom, for once), when I heard that first Aooooo... even though the theme song was not as dramatic as some of the past seasons.(Yes, I notice things like that, I told you I love Survivor. FYI the best opening was Thailand, even though it was hands down the most boring season.) I liked the opening ritual in the temple, I always love when Jeff puts the location into context for the players, because the location is like the 17th tribe member, like New York in "Sex in the City". I also loved that they were given a copy of Art of War, I hope that comes back into play. I read somewhere that the hidden immunity idols are right in front of the contestants faces. I wonder if the clues are in "Art of War", or if that itself is the idol. Let the speculation begin!! Do we think its right that the christian radio host left the temple, even after she was told the ritual was just a welcoming ceremony? Actually, I do. I totally get her point about bowing down to idols, and as long as she does not get all self righteous, its cool by me. I also appreciated the way she was with James, and the advice she gave him, it seemed genuine and sweet. James the gravedigger, by the way, is my early favorite. On the other hand, I loath that Courtney from New York. Her attitude represents all that i hate about some survivor contestants. It's not the Hilton, hon, and the point is that you will be around all different people, your tribe wont be 8 20 year old NY waitresses. You might have to cozy up to a mullet- headed lunch lady from the mid-west!!
My favorite thing is that before the challenges, without fail, Jeff Probst always asks "worth playing for?" Like someone is going to say no. Good challenge, by the way. I love how James and Frosti leaped at those walls!! Lets see them keep that up after 3 more days of not eating.
The producers actually had to give out rice this time because there is practically nothing to forage for on the Lake of 1000 islands. I don't think Survivors have been given rice since the Amazon.
*****SPOILER****
So goodbye Chicken, we barely knew ye. is it my imagination, or did he sound just like Big Tom from Australia? Even when he got the boot he said "I heard'um", just like Tom did in All Stars. Wow I watch too much TV. In the end, I thought they should have gotten rid of Peh-Gie (sp), even though she was Chinese and was really into it. Keep your team strong at first, peeps!! In the coming attractions for next week it looks like Ashley the wrestler has gotten her strength back, and in the nick of time! She got lucky this week.
In other TV news. Briefly I caught Tim Gunn's Guide to Style while I was waiting to start Survivor. I just love that man!! Watching him talk to that woman about her "foundation garments" was just the most priceless thing, and it makes me even more excited for Project Runway to start. Make it work, people!!
Top Chef- Go right now and read Tony Bourdain's blog about last weeks episode, if you love this show. He got it exactly right. I hope Casey wins. And I'm tired of , pardon the bad and obvious pun, of Brian's' malarkey. His dish tasted good because of the sausage HE BOUGHT! I'm done with Dale, too. Eric Ripert guest judges next week. I like him alot, he is one of Tony's great drinking buddies and has appeared on the Las Vegas episode of "No Reservations" in an unforgettable tequila drinking scene.
I won't bore you with comments on Americas Next Top Model.
I have not watched "Kid Nation" yet, still on my DVR.
Jeff started his own blog last night, he was so excited about that concert he saw he wanted to write all about it, but i think a little bit of his enthusiasm to write was so that he would have an excuse not to watch Survivor. That made me a little sad, its fun to watch with someone else, even though I don't allow talking. His loss. I'll post the link for his blog as soon as i read it and make sure its appropriate. I noticed some strong language and do not want to offend some of my younger readers.
A shout out to my friend Linda, to whom I have not spoken for many months!! I am glad to have your e-mail address. Your e-mail made me think of all the books about drinking I have known and loved, and I think I will compile some sort of list to be posted in the Books section. I did read "Drinking, a Love Story", and enjoyed it. However, for some reason don't you think men make better drunks? Women just get all weepy and slutty,while men cause serious damage. Just an observation.
I will also write about my favorite food books. Those are the best ones to read. I have a whole bookshelf full of them.
My wildest dream has come true, and in a timely manner, though about a week and a half too late. On the Front page of the Oregonian, it states that southwest Airlines will no longer have Cattle Call boarding, but assigned seats!!! There are trumpets blaring somewhere for me, I tell you. I have not read the article yet, but I am super excited. I hope it doesn't raise the fares, though.
I am going to read it right now. I might have more to say later, but bye for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meri,
So now I have to read your blog out loud to your sister Mandi every day. She likes it better when I read it out loud, rather than reading it herself. I am so glad you are in touch with Linnie.
Actually, I am also glad Chicken got voted off. And James is also my favorite but I like the young guy on the other team who also bounded up the obstacles. Mandi and I went to services tonight for Yom Kippur and then out to dinner to begin the holiday. I brought my shofar to school and made my staff listen to me blow it, and I also read them a spiritual story at my staff meeting. I love you.