Sunday, September 2, 2007

September 2nd, 2007

Hello all! Its Sunday afternoon, my favorite day. Jeff and I had breakfast as usual at the Paradox, and then he did his husbandly duty and accompanied me to Babies'r'Us. We looked at cribs, and strollers etc, and then mildly freaked out. We need a bunch of stuff, and we had a pretty rude awakening as far as how much it was all going to be. It was sure fun to look, though, and think that in less than 3 months we will have an actual child to stow in that $200 stroller with wheels nicer then my car's. Every day I am starting to feel more like a parent.
When we got home I got a burst of energy and cleaned out some closets. I made Jeff watch my Bat Mitzvah video (he's concerned after that last post about the jam he is starting to look like a tool, but he's looking pretty good today!!) I got a kick out of listening to the DJ from "Purple Haze" call me "Murry", and fumble his way through the words to Hava Nagila in his delightful east coast accent, and seeing my family and what we looked like in 1987. I also organized all my cookbooks and magazines, and cleared out room for the baby clothes.
I am now enjoying a celebratory post- organizing Slurpee. As usual, my local 7-11 did not have my favorite brown/red combination, but I must say that I am digging the orange/blue combination. Who knew? My recent Slurpee cravings have prompted not a few Slurpee vs. Icee discussions. I will stand by my contention that an Icee does not hold a candle to the Slurpee. For sentimental reasons alone, a Slurpee will always dimly remind me of raking leaves in our back yard in Bensalem, finding a 10 dollar bill under the leaves, and walking across the street to the 7-11 to get a Slurpee. Also, the Icee has a weird, granular texture and can normally only be found of late at the movie theatre concession stand, where they cost $4, therefore the Slurpee is way more cost effective, costing somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.49. Also, Slurpees come in many flavors and hues, from the aforementioned brown, red and blue to the more rare but no less tasty yellow and green. Icees only manifest themselves in blue (which for some reason is always raspberry, and a whole other discussion) and red.
ENOUGH!!
Yesterday, as promised, we went to see "Superbad". There were some parts in which I laughed so hard I thought I was going to choke, and I do love that kid from Arrested Development, but I have to tell you, I was underwhelmed. It was fun to watch a mom, 10 minutes into the film, suddenly get up and march her 3 pre-teen sons out of the theatre. What did she expect?

No comments: