Thursday, September 20, 2007

AOOOOOOOOOOO

oeoeoeoeo...
Sorry, I know I am the biggest dork, but do you know what today is? It's the season premier of SURVIVOR!!
Yes, I still watch it, yes, I still love it, yes I do a little dance when the theme song comes on! This season they are in China, which will be very interesting because they are usually in a tropical locale so there can be lots of B-roll of snakes and rats and insects. Also, some of the survivors are F list celebrities.I also read that food is so scarce, they give the contestants rice this time, while in the last few seasons all they got was a machete, and if they were lucky, a pot. Usually they had to win the pot. But first they will have to make fire!!! Oh how I love Survivor!! All in all, I can not wait for 8pm. I'm sure Jeff can't either. I know he his looking forward to reality television, including the "no talking" rule I have in place. At least I am not going to make him watch "America's Next Top Model"
Thank goodness I have that to look forward to because its not even 7 and already I am having a terrible day. It started last night when Jeff snored like a truck driver and I could not fall asleep until after 1 am. He might be bruised from all the times I kicked him. I was actually contemplating putting a pillow over his head, but instead I just kind of rolled him over. I doubt if he will even remember.
I then proceeded to fall down the stairs outside on the way to my car. DON'T PANIC!! I am ok, they are just 3 stairs, and I landed on my side and not my stomach, but alot of things kind of hurt now. I think its because I put on actual shoes today and not the flip flops I have been wearing for the last 4 months.
On my way to work, which i can now drive to blindfolded, the little turnoff I take was barricaded. I am a person who knows one way to get places, so I freaked out. I finally made it, still early, but I am not quite sure I remember how i did it so that i can duplicate it tomorrow. At least Ill be prepared.
My day can only go up from here. After work, though, I have to drive all the way to Sellwood to return library books. I was going to get my oil changed but maybe I'll save that for tomorrow and just go home and take a nap.
Brian and I had such a lovely time at Nostrana last night! We got there at around 6:30 and were seated right away. The wait staff was very friendly, and i loved the way the place looked; very warm and open, lots of wood and a big wood oven. They had a lovely wine list that I will try someday, and their cocktails looked delicious. Bri had a glass of Nebbiolo (I took a little taste) that was heavenly, and I love when people serve wine in big balloon glasses. The menu is here:
http://www.nostrana.com/menu.html.
We started off with the prosciutto antipasti with grilled figs and plums, yum, and then Brian had the Salumi pizza (the salami is from Mario Batallis' father's place in Seattle),which was so good. We agreed that the crust at Apizza Scholls was superior, but Nostrana won by a landslide for flavor. However, they don't cut their pizza, which is odd.
I had the fettuccine with lemon cream, figs and goose confit because I want to try new things at new places and I had never had goose before. The pasta was delicious, but the goose tasted kind of like stringy turkey and the lemon cream sauce was a little lotion-y. The figs were really good, too.
And I did not have to pay!! Which kind of made me mad, cause this whole nice restaurant once a month thing was kind of my idea. Oh well, why some nice girl hasn't snatched him up....
Jeff went and saw Todd Rungren last night, and I guess it was awesome, cause he woke me up to tell me all about it. I am so glad he had a good time, and with someone else, because, wow, i don't know one Todd Rungren song.
I thought I was done but one more thing. PRISON BREAK!! Why are you not watching this bad ass show.I had to wait 2 days so that I could watch it with Brian, and i was shaking I was so excited. Michael Scofield, who I am sure you remember broke his brother out of Fox River Penitentiary last season after being wrongfully sentenced to death row for a crime he did not commit (conspiracy!!!) is now in a Panamanian prison where the inmates rule, because the guards all ran away. At the end of episode one, we find out that Michael was put in that prison by the American government (I think) on purpose to break out some prisoner who has been living in what seems to be beneath/between the prison walls and surviving on rat/human flesh. If he does not do it the government will kill his nephew and the woman he loves, who are being held hostage. He has JUST ONE WEEK!! Huge Drama!! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

JUST WEAR YOUR FLIP FLOPS!
I love prison break!

Unknown said...

please write about survivor tomorrow because I am not going to be home tonight. I love you, mandi