Wednesday, September 12, 2007

L'shana Tova!!

Happy New Year, friends!
I am happy to report that Mike Bibby is at home safe and sound, and extra shiny!! I was a little angry at the folks from Progressive, because I thought they lost my i-pod dock, and they threw all of my Cd's willy-nilly into the trunk. But I calmed down, cause they did such a good job of cleaning out my car! Especially after that road trip. all the stains and everything are gone, including the funky feet smell, and my toe marks on the windshield.
Bob made me some awesome Cd's that i am so happy about. On the way home from Aunt Aileens we listened to a live Mike Nesmith CD (the monkee whose mom invented white-out), and today on my way to work I started listening to the Neko Case Austin City Limits disc and wondering how I could have lived without it for so long!! I can't wait to check out everything else. Pam also gave me a bunch of books, right in time for my Chi-town plane trip!!
Right now I am at work trolling through my Cooks Illustrated 1999 book that I got on E-bay for $.99. I love that magazine because they test things in every conceivable way, and then write about the process. I am always on the lookout for vegetarian/vegan recipes, and so far i have found some keepers, including Indian spiced twice baked potatoes, and also a flatbread/pita bread recipe that looks easy and promising.
We had a lovely time with the family last night. It was great to see them all again, and i get to see Pam and Kathy again tonight as we rock out to Def Leppard. I wish my family lived a little closer, sometimes.
I just read in the Oregonian that we are in for a record breaking, snowy, icy winter. Thank heavens I don't have to drive out to Gresham anymore. I picked a great time to be house-bound!! Sammy and I will spend many quality hours in front of the fireplace.
I made banana bread with a strusel topping to bring with to Aileens, I left it in the oven for an extra 20 minutes and it was still doughy in the middle. This happens often with baked goods I make in my oven. I guess I need to get an oven thermometer. Its still pretty tasty, though, I made an extra loaf for home.

No comments: