Saturday, September 8, 2007

I'm Sleepy

Against all sorts of better judgement I went out to the Galaxy last night. It used to be my favorite place on earth, I was there at least every Thursday, but since getting pregnant, well, it just didn't seem appropriate to hang out in bars. Subsequently I have really been missing my friends, and one of them, Justin, was working the Karaoke booth last night. Also, Brian had gotten a new outfit and glasses ( I know this is going to make him seem like a girl but he isn't ) and wanted to show off. He also got a cute blond streak in his hair and new shoes. Wait a minute....
Anyway, We went for a few hours and it was so much fun!! I had yummy spicy broccoli and tofu, which might sound gross to you but if I had been alone I would have licked the plate, and got to sing karaoke for the first time in about a month. Woo HOO!! Everyone indulged my love of rock blocks (lets face it, people usually indulge me there) so first we did a Chicago rock block that went as such:
Justen- Love me tomorrow
Meredith- You're the inspiration
Jeff- 25 or 6 to 4 by the way, what does that mean? anyone?
Johnny- Look away ( i think)
Brian was supposed to sing " then along comes a woman" but he chickened out.
We were then going to do an Erasure rock block, but instead Justin and I sang "Candy" by Iggy Pop and Kate Pierson, which was fabulous, I still can't stop smiling about it, and Jeff, bless his heart, sang "Rock and Roll" by Led Zeppelin. Sterling sang one of my absolute favorite songs that he sings, "Young Turks", which I am pretty sure was the first song i ever learned, If I remember correctly my mom had a tape of me singing it when I was very young. Brian did sing Erasure, "A little respect". I think that's his big number.
My favorite time was when we had an 11 person Journey rock block, followed by the same length of the Who. A banner day!!
I could have probably sang all night, but a lot of the songs I like to sing sound better and are more fun to sing after a few vodka tonics, and, well, that's just not going to happen, so I was a good girl and was home by 10. Jeff still had not had enough so he walked across the street to the Candlelight, where I cant go because you walk in and the air is literally gray from smoke. Get an exhaust fan, people!! I can't wait until 2009 when all bars will be non- smoking!! I was asleep when Jeff came home so I don't know what he sang there, but we have an agreement that when I'm not there he can sing all the songs I hate to his hearts content, like "Ballroom Blitz" and "Bohemian Rhapsody".
Now its 7 and I have already been at work for an hour. Working hard, obviously. I am off at 12:30, then will indulge in the NAP TO END ALL NAPS!! Then go see "a Fist full of Quarters", which is a documentary about the video gameDonkey Kong and the men who love it. Yay my life!!
Tomorrow I will make Jeff take me to the Tin Shed for breakfast, and not the Paradox, because I am tired of the food at the Paradox, it is too healthy and I want this scramble they have with jalapenos and to not feel guilty for eating cheese. (most of the stuff at Paradox is vegan). The Tin Shed also has a lovely back patio and self service coffee, and potato cakes. I think they have tofu scrambles. Hopefully Jeff will fall in love with it and we can start going there instead.
I think Sunday afternoon I will clean a little and then try to bake soft pretzels.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Years ago when I first moved to Portland the family took me out for my birthday and we saw bands at La Luna. There was a band onstage that was pretty much a mess with a bunch of musicians and instruments. During their set Jeff turned around and said, "If I had a band like this, I would play Chicago covers."