Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Welcome home!!

Today Mike Bibby, my 2002 Volkswagen golf, returns home after three long weeks. Mike Bibby has been recovering at an exclusive auto spa, recovering from injuries he sustained while driving on I-5 to Seattle at the hands of an evil Subaru Outback. Welcome Home, dear friend and trusty companion!!
I am tired just thinking about the rest of my week. Tonight Jeff and I are going to Aunt Aileens, which I am looking forward to, but I am wondering if I will have time to squeeze in a nap in between getting Mike Bibby and baking banana bread and taking a shower.
Tomorrow- Def Leppard and Styx!! Not only can I not wait to tell you about it, trusty readers (i.e. mom), but I can't wait to read what Pam has to say about it either!! Still, its a concert on a school night, and that spells trouble for a girl who is usually asleep by 9.
Brian, my angel, is going to print out my boarding passes for me on Thursday because I don't have a printer and I am super neurotic about the cattle call that Southwest Airlines calls boarding. I need to be an "A", and not only an "A" but one of the first ones on the plane. This means I need to get to the airport at least two and a half hours early. Poor Jeff, I warned him about me but he has no idea.... At least I like to actually fly, I don't freak out about that. Once I have my seat its totally cool. I just remember once coming back from Chicago I was a "C" and had to sit in the middle of two really gross people. I hate the middle.
I got a few really cute maternity things at Target yesterday, so now I guess I have a "maternity wardrobe" that actually fits and is not just stretched out t-shirts and jeans held on by the ineffective belly band. Still no sweaters, though. And does anyone know where one can get maternity tights? Does such a thing exist?
I can't end this entry without recognizing that today is September 11th. I want to take a moment and count all of my blessings; my family, both old and new, my husband whom I love more than anything and was so lucky to find, my soon to be baby, the fact that, however shady it is, that I have a roof over my head, and food to eat, and the freedom to blog about whatever I want even though I just usually ramble about recipes and movies.
I love living in beautiful Portland Oregon, and I can't wait to fall in love with living in Orleans and being a part of a community, building a life and raising a family. Tomorrow is Erev Rosh Hashanna, the night before the Jewish new year. This is usually a time when you start making amends for wrongs that you have done the year before, in preparation for Yom Kippur, the day of atonement. In the last few years I have let these holidays slip by without much thought. This year i am going to look forward and see how my actions affect others, and how I can make positive changes in my life, as well as continue the momentum on the changes I have already made. Tomorrow I will make a point to dip an apple in honey, in preparation for a sweet new year. Have a Meri Day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meri, I love what you wrote about seeing how our actions effect others. I hope we can dip apples in honey and celebrate a happy, sweet new year of health and blessings. see you on the 28th. love mommy